Monday, January 11, 2016

BACK AGAIN!!!

Hello!

Its been a while since I've been writing in public but I'm very happy to be writing my first post on my new blog (YAY!). To tell you a bit about me, I'm a Bostonian that has been a writer since I was 8 years old. Teachers would assign me book reports and I would turn in college level essays. I moved to NYC 9 years ago to pursue dreams of being a screenwriter. Unfortunately, being a starving artist isn't as romantic as portrayed in the movies so I had to make my mark in the Real Estate and Automotive industries. But, I kept writing. After reading some of my work, one critic (my mother) told me "You've been pushing the envelope since you were a child. Why don't you just stick to what you were born to do?".  One could only surmise just from that statement alone that I'm a born writer.  That person surmising would be absolutely correct. Mix that fact with a spoonful of tenacity, a cup of intelligence, two tablespoons of quick wit, a dash of love for a good laugh... Bring to a boil and serve while hot-- This is a recipe for AWESOMENESS. This is what I hope to deliver to you on a weekly basis. I'll be commenting on the week's top political and entertainment news. As a citizen of this country (The U S of A), I feel that we all have a voice and should express our opinions. Good or bad. Pretty or ugly. Dirty or grimy. I'm hear to speak my mind and share my thoughts. Thank you so much for taking some time out of your day to chill with me. Now... Let's get started.

POLITICS
This presidential race has been an ugly one particularly on the Republican side. The only thing happening with the democrats is what's up with Hillary's emails (who cares) and is Bernie going to continue to be the indie raging bull he has been. Seriously... Who cares about Hillary's emails. They say it goes to her credibility. I'll tell you this... If you watch any big, scary alien attack movie and some officials say "Let's not tell the American people what's going on because they'll freak out" that's because its true. We will freak out. That's what happened with Benghazi and that's what's happening now. Americans don't need to know what's going on because Americans are stupid (Shut up, they are) and will fly off the handle with the fuel fired media and run amuck. No one needs that. This is for your own good so, to speak plainly, fall back.

Then there is Ben Carson. Usually, if there's a Black guy running for politics we, as African Americans, are usually all behind him. After all his shenanigans, I'm voting for the White guy (or most likely WOMAN).

And now onto "The Don" Donald Trump. His hair isn't real, BTW.  He's talking about Ted Cruz, Rubio, Christie, Mexicans... When will everyone realize that this is all for publicity and to shift your focus from what's really important. And, when I say what's really important, I mean EVERYTHING ELSE!  How do you (the media) devote days (even weeks) to debunking or invalidating Trump's accusations. This is the same man who said Putin is a good guy. Am I taking crazy pills?!? Is anyone but me seeing how ass-backwards this is?!? Trump is good for ratings and definitely for laughs. I mean... That comb-over is not his real hair. Its not. But, I will tell you this, Donald Trump will not make the Republican Primary. If he does...

REPENT NOW!!!

THE END IS NEAR!!!

And, that's all I have to say about that.

Moving on...

ENTERTAINMENT
There were a few amazing developments in the entertainment world last week. Star Wars: The Force Awakens has beaten Avatar as the biggest movie of all time. This is, of course, until James Cameron drops Avatar 2 next year. This will be the second Avatar movie in what is rumored to be a four film series. We'll see how this battle plays out with 2 more Star Wars episodes written and ready to go in the coming years. I've got popcorn ready.

Adam Sandler's Netflix comedy "The Ridiculous Six" has had the most streams in 30 days of release in Netflix history since premiering just last month. Most were definitely not expecting this kind of response with all of the negative reviews the movie had received. However, the crew over at Happy Madison is definitely getting the last laugh. "The Ridiculous Six" is the first of four original movies coming to Netflix from Sandler after signing a huge deal with the streaming company last year. "The Ridiculous Six", a spoof of the Western "The Magnificent Seven", is absolutely hysterical. And, if that's not enough, it has a side-splitting star-studded cast including the usually ridiculously hot Taylor Lautner as a buck-toothed halfwit. Absolutely spectacular (in my opinion) and definitely a must see if you're in the mood to laugh your ass off.

The fashion house of Louis Vuitton has released a short film showcasing its 2016 Spring/Summer campaign entitled "The Heroine"in which a group of girls model the house's best pret-a-porter. The short also stars Jaden Smith who is also modeling LV women's wear.



Apparently, this has people in an uproar. Why? I'm not necessarily sure. One person I spoke to said that it was because Jaden is modeling women's clothes. What kind of close-minded nonsense is that? It is 2016. People can love who ever they want. People can pretty much do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I'm assuming that includes them wearing whatever they want, as well. When I was in high school, I hung out with  lot of punk rock kids. One of those kids wore a kilt. He was not considered effeminate. He was actually pretty bad ass. Years later, Kanye and Lil' Wayne also wore skirts. They were bad ass too. However, its my opinion that Kanye and Lil' Wayne received more scrutiny because they're members of the Hip Hop community which has always held their men to a high standard of "Machismo".  I'm glad that we as a society are moving (slowly but surely) into a direction of acceptance for all but we all need to get with the program. There are so many bigger issues to be concerned with than who is wearing what. If someone (man or woman) wants to bedizen themselves in some grand "Hunger Games" style, who cares??? If they are not hurting anyone, I say, go for it.

I hate to close on a sad note but I can't complete this post without saying rest in peace to the legendary creative genius, David Bowie. My prayers go out to his family and equally legendary wife, Iman.





Today is Monday, January 11th. Just an FYI, I will be posting on Fridays. This was an off week so, sorry about that. But, I appreciate the love and any comments you may have and we'll talk again in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment